at Occidental , Occidental
Holiday Inn Express, Sebastopol
Inn Express, Santa Rosa
throughout Sonoma County
hotel , Occidental
in the hole pub and cidery, Sebastopol
Bus Service to and from OAK and SFO to Santa Rosa
HON3 Yahoo Group
Move your mouse over any of the small animated trains and cars
throughout our site.
Location: Occidental Community
center. 3920 Bohemian highway. 1 block north of town on the
The town of Occidental is a one-hour drive North of the Golden
Gate Bridge. The scenic drive brings the visitor all the special
charm and natural beauty of the Northern California coast. The
Direct route gets you to the trains faster.
To download a printable PDF of directions and a MAP courtesy of
the Union Hotel where we will be dining,
From San Francisco Airport: The Direct
1. Follow Airport Terminal Signs to
ROUTE 101 to SAN FRANCISCO and proceed NORTH.
Immediately you will see signs for ROUTE 380 to ROUTE 280. Take
the connector to ROUTE 280 NORTH.
3. Follow ROUTE 280 NORTH... it becomes 19th AVENUE...
you will pass the University, a shopping center and a series of
lights as you drive through an urban area.
4. When 19th
AVENUE goes through a PARK-LIKE SETTING, watch for and follow
signs to the GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE. Once you cross the Bridge you
will be traveling on ROUTE 101 NORTH.
4A. Take 101 north.
5. After about 30 minutes you will pass through PETALUMA,
PENNGROVE & COTATI.
6. Exit ROHNERT PARK/SEBASTOPOL-116 WEST. Go under a
freeway and follow the signs to SEBASTOPOL.
7. Go 7.4 miles and you will be coming into downtown
Sebastopol on a one-way street. Stay in the LEFT LANE to the
LIGHT (Highway 12).
8. At light, TURN LEFT and go immediately in RIGHT LANE.
9. Go through NEXT LIGHT and follow signs to BODEGA BAY.
10. Go 6.4
miles to FREESTONE (at bottom of long curve).
RIGHT onto BOHEMIAN HIGHWAY. Go 3.7 miles to the little village
From San Francisco Airport: The Scenic
1. Follow steps 1-4, as above.
2. In PETALUMA, take the EAST WASHINGTON STREET EXIT and
3. Follow the
signs to BODEGA BAY and VALLEY FORD, about 19.6 miles. This
drive is through beautiful countryside with lovely farms, hills
4. Pass through the village of VALLEY FORD, go about .5
mile and turn right to FREESTONE and OCCIDENTAL.
5. Follow this road 2.5 miles until it ends at BODEGA
6. TURN RIGHT and go 1.3 miles to FREESTONE.
7. Turn LEFT on BOHEMIAN HIGHWAY and drive 3.7 miles to
To the San Francisco Airport from The Union
1. Leave THE UNION HOTEL and go to the STOP SIGN in
2. TURN LEFT onto the BOHEMIAN HIGHWAY.
3. At the
STOP SIGN, go LEFT on BODEGA HIGHWAY for 6.4 miles to
4. At the LIGHT, turn RIGHT and go 7.4 miles to 101
5. As you cross the GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE (toll $3.00), get
into the far right lane and follow the signs to 19th AVENUE.
6. Take 19th AVENUE through many traffic lights until it
becomes ROUTE 280.
7. Stay on 280 SOUTH several miles and look for signs to
SAN FRANCISCO AIRPORT and ROUTE 380.
8. As you EXIT onto ROUTE 380 to the AIRPORT, get into
the RIGHT LANE which is 101 South and follow the AIRPORT
TERMINAL signs. There is a separate CAR RENTAL RETURN at each
From the Oakland Airport
1. Take 880 NORTH, following the signs to OAKLAND and SAN
2. When you reach the ROUTE 80 intersection, follow 80 to
3. Take ROUTE 580 to SAN RAFAEL/RICHMOND BRIDGE. Cross
the bridge (toll $1.00) to San Rafael.
4. Take 101 NORTH and follow above direction from San
1. Take 80 west to 37 west at Marineworld.
2. Take 37 until it dead ends at the 101. About 30 miles.
3. Take 101 North and follow above directions from
San Francisco. Start at 4A on above directions.